For Sale $400,000 - $440,000
In a superior position atop the stunning township of Malmsbury sits one of the original homesteads from the gold rush era. Circa 1890, ‘Campbell’s Cottage’ has retained some of its heritage charm and still features the original timber shingles under the tin roof of the verandah.
With some modern updates having been completed inside, there is still so much room for you to showcase your own creativity and style by restoring or renovating. Or, you could leave it as-is and move in immediately. Either way, you’ll be cosy & comfy in this unique, historical piece of history.
Sitting on a 500m2 allotment and comprising 3 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, large living space, separate laundry & double carport, the home is surrounded by the old-style verandah where you can sit and breathe in the uninterrupted views of the local Botanical Gardens, or gaze out across to Mt Macedon & the Great Dividing Range.
With the luxury of being able to immerse yourself in the local community or enjoy the peaceful anonymity that country life can offer, bring this beauty back to life with a vegie garden, free range chooks or even do some landscaping of your own. The choice is entirely up to you.
Perfectly situated within walking distance to Malmsbury Village, local primary school, reservoir & the train station, you can easily commute to the big smoke then retreat home to paradise.
As directed by the REIV, the following guidelines apply to any person(s) entering a property for an inspection:
• Please contact the Sales Agent to make a private appointment to inspect the property.
• Provide your name and contact information upon entry (photo identification will be requested)
• Observe social distancing guidelines
• Obey instructions from the Estate Agency representatives
• Leave the property if requested to do so by the Estate Agency representatives; and
• Not touch surfaces or door handles without direct supervision by the Estate Agency representatives